Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dear Coach...


Hang on a second...I will be right with you...

Ok, sorry about that. Hi! It's really cold here in Iowa lately. It's roughly 300 degrees below zero. I have a friend in the Miami area who I would like to punch squarely in the teeth for rubbing in his 75 degree weather.

Let's talk sunglasses and stocking caps for a minute. Take a look at this...


As I ad-lib here on the internet, I have a hard time responding to this at all. If you are a coach, and some rando is e-mailing you wanting you to stay at your job, do you really put any credence to that?


Dear Coach Watson,

Hi there! I am an anonymous message board poster, but don't kid yourself. I know what's best for you and your family. You are needed at Nebraska!! Please oh Holy Lord stay and help us out next year. Pwetty Pwease!?

Love,

Steve

Look, psychos, please stop. Check out this recent article...


"I get a lot of messages from fans," NU recruit Will Compton said, "and I just try not to pay attention to them all, because everyone is so biased and just wants me to play for their school. Everyone just tells you what they think you want to hear, but nobody really knows your situation."

About every fourth message on Compton's Facebook wall is from a fan of a school recruiting him, and some of them aren't very nice. One message on Compton's MySpace page showed a doctored picture of him and former NU commitment Blaine Gabbert hanging out at a bar with former NU coach Bill Callahan. Gabbert and Compton are friends in real life.
Beneath the picture was the word "TOOL" in all caps, and the caption underneath read, "When you have no imagination or style, just follow your friends."

Classy! Anyways, Compton's got the right approach. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go start an internet group on "Persuading Internet Idiots To Take Cyanide".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest some other possible captions for this picture:
- Oh yeah...I look like a warrior!
- I've never seen my own cock.
- Look cool and chafe, or look like an idiot and be comfortable...we both know how I roll.
- John Candy: the Early Years

That's all I have. As for your commentary I think you need to go a little easier on the idiots. Without them you would not be nearly as smart as you are.

Yours,
Buddy Cole