Monday, November 28, 2005

Snippets

First things first. A couple blogs ago, I said we do not have any evidence of "blowout victory".

We do now.

The Nebraska/Colorado game was artwork on virtually every level. One game does not a successful program make. But I know I have no problem with it! Keep this level of play up, and it's back to dominating consistently. Hats off to the Huskers!

Michael Irvin was busted with another drug charge. REALLY?? Wow, that's like being surprised when Lawrence Phillips gets arrested for...well, anything. They need to breakdown news stories into categories.

1.) Actual News.
2.) Same Old Crap.

Mr. Irvin is relegated to number 2 status. Well done, you stupid addict.

The Saddam Hussein trial starts, then stops again. There are few instances where a trial should be circumvented. For example, when a person is on video, taking their neighbors eyes out with a spoon, or if you are a former dictator who killed countless thousands of your people. This farce is going to last entirely too long.

In Rock and Roll Hall of Fame news, inductees included this year:

1.) Black Sabbath. Hmm. Not sure here. Iron Man is catchy, but that whole drugged out Satanic thing was overrated to begin with.
2.) Miles Davis. For sure, get him in there!
3.) Sex Pistols. I still think this is a joke by the Associated Press. I mean, come on.
4.) Blondie. The man from Mars is through with cars.
5.) Lynyrd Skynyrd. Heck yeah! It's about time, too.

Word.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the Nebraska game. It was nice to see the Huskers dominate a game.

As far as Irving goes, I agree this is not news but I draw the line at judging addicts. I think the appropriate description for us addicts is "weak" not "stupid".

I could not disagree with you more on the Saddam trial. I say go through the whole proceess beginning to end. Death should not come too quickly for this man and the trial is primed for humiliations galore.

Concerning the rock and roll hall of fame...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

To sum Black Sabbath up with one "catchy" song and the drugged up satanic thing is seriously lacking perspective. You really need to do a little research on your Rock and Roll history. Black Sabbath was one of the most influential bands in American History. Just because you didn't get into it does not mean that they are undeserving. Many consider Black Sabath the first true heavy metal band.

It is about MUSIC. When we start to use lifestyle for a prerequisite for rock and roll honors we will be seriously lacking in options. I'm sorry buddy, but that was a really dumb statement.

And what do you have against the sex pistols, widely considered among the pioneers of punk rock. Again, I'm not asking you to like the music but acknowledge the impact and influence.

So how do you suggest we determine who is inducted? You really have me a little concerned with this post.

You can do better than this.

Steve said...

1.) Michael Irvin. No need to draw any lines, my awesome homie brother. Note I was referring only to him, not ALL addicts. Some addicts are weak, and have become strong, others are weak, and that's no fault of theirs. Others are Michael Irvin. That guy is stupid.

2.) Excellent call on the Saddam trial. I didn't even look at that perspective. Maybe we can let it drag out, and I can just turn the news off so I don't have to hear about it. If we could get the humiliations, however, on a compilation-type DVD, then SIGN ME UP!

3.) Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

No, I'm not serious.

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is where is the party going to be for this Nebraska Iowa Alamo Bowl?

Steve said...

Selmer, name the place! We can give Ryan a hard time.

Anonymous said...

Michael Irvin got RIPPED! Back off the guy he was an awesome player and deserves some respect!